Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are not able to install SourceTree, not able to log in to the Atlassian account

Akos Varga September 27, 2017

When trying to install SourceTree, I asks to log in to the Atlassian account. If I click Go to My Atlassian, we can log in, since we have an account. You can see that on the 2nd screenshot. But the installation doesn't proceed. If I click to Use an Existing Account, a blank window appears, and we are not able to log in. (1st screenshot)

When I installed SourceTree (months back), this issue didn't occur. Now, more people have the same issue.

Bests,

Akos

SourceTree.JPGL_C6F8.tmp.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Akos Varga October 3, 2017

Dear Ana,

as I said I have opened a ticket to one of our support team, but they said they are not able to make these changes. Maybe is there any other was to do it, or a solution which is not a workaround?

Bests,

Akos

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Akos, the issue was reported at SRCTREEWIN-7244 and we're tracking it there. Please watch it for updates and let us know if the solutions proposed in the comments worked for you, that will help our developers fix it.

Thanks for your support!

Ana

0 votes
Akos Varga September 27, 2017

Hi,

yes Ben, you are right, we do not have permission to modify these settings in IE, but I opened a inquiry ticket to our support team to make these changes. However it is not a full solution, i hope it will work so those who now have problem with the installation can successfully install the software. I will write a comment here in case of any news with that.

Bests,

Akos

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017

Hi Akos! This appears to be due to IE compatibility modes. We're already investigating that issue and the best advice we have as of today is:

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Open the Developer tools, f12
    1. Set the Browser Mode 10
    2. Set the Document Mode Standards
  3. Open Cog/Internet options
    1. Ensure the following settings are enabled
    2. Misc/Access data sources across domains
    3. Misc/Allow META_REFRESH
    4. Scripting/Active Scripting

Let us know if this helped you!

Cheers,

Ana

benjamin.ruming@btfinancialgroup.com September 27, 2017

Hi Ana,

This answer/workaround will not work in a large enterprise that often restrict access to security settings in IE.

It would be great if Atlassian considered Enterprise customers when making these types of changes. 

Regards,

Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events