Version 2.7 failed to commit to origin

VT January 13, 2018

Hi There!

After installing version 2.7. (latest release), SourceTree is not able to push to origin via ssh. Fetching and pulling from remote origin is possible and works as expected.

But when I try to push my local changes to the server, a "Permission denied" error occurred. BTW pushing using 

git push origin branch

works perfectly. So I'm assuming, that the problem is unrelated to the server.

Would be nice to have a workaround....

regards

8 answers

1 vote
marcin_piela February 5, 2018

Downgrading solved my problem too.

Adding my key to the ssh-agent helped and I can now push with the 2.7 version without error. Thanks Manjunath!

Polly Pan February 19, 2018

Downgrade to 2.6.3 solved my problem too, Thank you sooooo much ♪

0 votes
VT February 7, 2018

Well! Manjunath's hint solved my problem.

The new version seems to have changed the handling of ssh keys. Well. It works now and I have no reason to complain again.

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Please check if the ssh-agent has your keys loaded. If not, please add them to the agent. 

Run below commands in terminal to do so,

To check if keys are loaded:

ssh-add -l

To add keys to agent:

ssh-add <path_to_key>

more like,

ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa

Key in the passphrase used while generating the ssh key and you should be good to go. 

Technik GiePa February 5, 2018

Hi Manjunath,

that does not help us guys who are having the issue when authenticating over http. As stated before a rollback to an older version of sourcetree solved the issue which for me is a strong indicator that the issue lies somewhere in the new release.

0 votes

I've got the same problem. Push from terminal works fine (asks for the SSH private key password). SourceTree doesn't ask for the password. Fetch operation works (this time ST asks for password but doesn't remember it in the keychain).

```
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree push -v --tags origin refs/heads/***:refs/heads/*** 

Pushing to git@***.git

Permission denied, please try again.

Permission denied, please try again.

git@***: Permission denied (publickey,password).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

Completed with errors, see above

```

0 votes
jaysunwalter January 21, 2018

Same here...

"Pushing to git@gitlab.com:*********/********.git
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository."

"Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists."

0 votes
Technik GiePa January 15, 2018

Same here 2.7 (152) against Bitbucket Server 5.7 using http authentication. Rollback to 2.6.2 solved the issue.

0 votes
Andrew Gould January 15, 2018

I'm having this same issue. I'm able to git push from the command line for the pending Sourcetree push request without issue using the same SSH key with password. I'm on 2.7 (152).Messages Image(3025968649).png

0 votes
Vincent Esposito January 15, 2018

I have the same issue. I am using SSH with password authentication, and it used to ask the password the first time, and then re-use it, and since 2.7 it looks like it is not able to do this any more.

Git pull works fine, but git push throws an error about ssh-askpass missing.

Any help?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events