Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 1.8 for Windows Mercurial not work

Alex D. Soul February 15, 2016

I cant select mercurial version from 3 provided ways. 

1. Download but popup not hide
  2. Browse to location but popup not hide
  3. Check again but popup not hide
  4. I dont want to use Mercurial popup hide

And i want to use mercurial! 

3 answers

0 votes
Alex D. Soul February 28, 2016

Thanks!

0 votes
davaeron February 28, 2016

New SourceTree 1.8.2.3 - problem solved!

Devs, thank you.

0 votes
Andrew Stevens February 16, 2016

I just came across this issue as well, although the first time I could point it to Mercurial but it just popped up again, then further attempts it does not allow me to browse, it would start an embedded download though but I'd rather use the system one.

That's when I realised apparently it doesn't accept the latest mercurial version (3.7.1 at time of this post), you need to install 3.2.3 and then it's happy (3.2.3 is the version it also downloads and runs embedded).

On the Mercurial page, just copy the download link and change the version from 3.7.1 to 3.2.3 to download the version you need to use with SourceTree.

oniramarf February 16, 2016

I have the same issue and tried your solution but does not work for me.

Andrew Stevens February 16, 2016

Hmm.. well I did give up on doing it at the time of the installer, I selected not to use Mercurial, then in the SourceTree GUI, under Options I tried enabling Mercurial support several times and it only stopped with that 4 option popup after installing Mercurial 3.2.3 specifically, it wouldn't accept 3.7.1.

I also used the x86 (32bit) MSI installer for both (extract it from the SourceTree.exe providing you have .NET 4 already installed), and I used this link (I changed the version from the current to the one the embedded Mercurial downloads 3.2.3) if you use the link and just remove the file on the end, you can see a directory listing of all versions, both MSI and EXE, http://mercurial.selenic.com/release/windows/

I also installed GIT using it's EXE installer with silent option before Mercurial and SourceTree and ST recognised that fine.

Alex D. Soul February 16, 2016

Thanks! But this not work. I tried Mercurial 2.3.2 (64 and 32) and latest 64 and 32. Now downgrade for SourceTree 1.7.0. 1.8.x is very bug trash version. They broken my favorite SourceTree smile

davaeron February 25, 2016

Windows 10 x64, SourceTree 1.8.2.2 - same problem persist. Can't use Mercurial =(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events