Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sourcetree to Deploy changes to a staging site...

KT Cheung March 27, 2013

I'm fairly new to sourcetree, at the moment we have a bitbucket repository with a development branch and a master branch, and a staging site with git installed.

I'm currently using sourcetree to commit/push changes to files onto our remote bitbucket repository into the development branch.

But is there a way using sourcetree to get the staging site to pull from this remote development branch?

I can use the terminal and ssh to the staging site and do a git pull, but can i do this within sourcetree?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2013

Your choices are basically either:

1. Set up a scheduled job (e.g. cron) on the staging site to pull regularly from your bitbucket server. You might actually want to try using CI tools such as Bamboo to do this, or write your own scripts.
  2. Use SourceTree to push changes to the staging server. So long as the staging server has a git repo you can access via a URL, and has a hook set up to deploy when it receives new commits, the SourceTree can do this for you. You might want to look at this article about how you might set up the staging server for this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3838727/git-post-receive-hook-for-website-staging
KT Cheung March 27, 2013

thanks, i will have a look into this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events