Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SourceTree with Heroku

Jonathan Richman October 9, 2011

Sorry...bit of a newbie here. I've just started using Heroku to host some Facebook applications. I'm updating them all using Terminal, which is fine, but it seems like SourceTree might be a better option. However, I have no idea how to begin to set this up in SoureTree. I figure I need to "Add Repository", but not sure what to put in for the Source Path / URL. Tried using the URL of the application supplied by Heroku, but that didn't work. Is there a Heroku "Toolbelt" like they supply to integrate with Terminal?

Looking for any advice to get started. Perhaps it's not even possible to use SourceTree for this. No idea.

Thanks,

JMR

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2011

Yeah, you should be able to set this up pretty easily. All you need to do is drag/drop the parent folder into SourceTree - either into the bookmarks window in the place you want it, or on to the dock icon. That will add your local working copy to SourceTree.

If you already have your Heroku remote(s) configured, that's basically it. If you need to add or change remote details later, you should click on the 'Settings' button on the right of the toolbar to get to the remotes.

Hope that helps!
Steve

Jonathan Richman October 9, 2011

Figured that was too easy...but it worked perfectly. Thank you. I didn't have the remote configured correctly the first time either.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2011

FWIW dragging/dropping a local folder is the same as Add Repository > Add Working Copy from the Bookmarks window, it's just a bit faster. You can also drag/drop URLs from your web browser as a shortcut to Add Repository > Clone Repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events