Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Git and Hg for the same project in the same directory

Josh Metcalfe November 16, 2011

I have a project were I'm using both Git and Hg. I want to work with the same set of code on my laptop and share it with co-workers (Git) and my home computer (Hg).

The project exists and I can use the command line with no issue, but in SourceTree I see some interesting behavior. The Git repository exists first and was added to SourceTree initially. I later then create a new Hg repository and pushed the current files (already stored in Git.

I wanted to add a linkage to Hg in SourceTree as well and dragged the project over. There was no prompt and it automatically selected Hg as the type of repository.

However, when I select the Hg repository from the Bookmarks window in SourceTree what opens is a window based on Git information.

I'm guessing that there just isn't support for this atm, but I would certainly like to know if there's a way for me to configure SourceTree to make it work. It's a great tool! Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2011

Unfortunately this isn't supported at the moment; SourceTree auto-detects the type but assumes there is only one or the other. Handling both in the same folder is tricky, because suddenly you have to start asking which the user wan't to use when a folder is referenced, which is just inferred so far.

It's logged here for a potential future enhancement: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-651

Josh Metcalfe November 17, 2011

Thanks Steve. I figured as much. I gave it a vote, so we'll see if it sees any movement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events