Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usability question regarding the Pull dialog

D K February 2, 2014

Why does the SourceTree Pull dialog have a WARNING for the Rebase checkbox? (WARNING: make sure you haven't pushed your changes)

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't it impossible to Push if you need to Pull so why the WARNING?

Also wouldn't it also make more sense to use an option button. i.e. user can chose either a Merge Option or a Rebase Option and not 2 checkboxes.

Also, I guess the first 3 checkboxes don't make any sense when Rebase is used?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

The warning is relevant for anyone that uses Git in a distributed fashion. In other words - more than one remote.

On SourceTree for windows there is only one check box ("Rebase instead of merge").

I agree, the first three checkboxes should probably be disabled when rebase is checked.

1 vote
D K February 2, 2014

Ah yes, makes sense if you already pushed to 1 of your remotes. Thanks.

Raised JIRA for a UI improvement:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-1445

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

The warning is relevant for anyone that uses Git in a distributed fashion. In other words - more than one remote.

On SourceTree for windows there is only one check box ("Rebase instead of merge").

I agree, the first three checkboxes should probably be disabled when rebase is checked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events