Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating number of changes shown following external update

Chris Fisher September 11, 2014

We have what seems like a lot of repositories (somewhere in the region of 100). I use a bat script to pull and update and switch between multiple versions of our application. However, when I do so, the view in source tree never updates the number of changes it is showing as incoming unless I manually open each one of the 100 projects and pull individually, which then says there are no changes and then it takes ages still for the number to be removed.

This is very irritating as I cannot rely on using source tree to let me know there have been changes and I cannot afford the time to manually update each repo separately.

3 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

I think if you actually want to have relatively real-time data about a hundred repos, SourceTree is not the right tool for you. Since you already have a batch script, you could add a status reporting function to the end of it.

0 votes
Chris Fisher September 11, 2014

Hi 

I've tried that before and it didn't seem to work. Just switched the setting again now to 1 minute, closed and restarted Sourcetree and waited 5 minuets and I still have loads of incoming changes being flagged when there are actually none. Also we have been discouraged from setting that as we have a lot of developers and a lot of repositories it was causing too much traffic on our Mercurial/Rhodecode servers.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

I think Tools\Options\General\Check default remotes for updates every N minutes is the option you are looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events