Updated to sourcetree 2.2.2 and can't get past the customer agreement / account login screen

Unfortunately i just get stuck on the following screen, it's locked up and when i quit i get an unexpected error message. OSX 10.11.3 and Sourcetree 2.2.2

Screenshot 2016-02-25 09.59.16.png

Any ideas?

4 answers

Here is my solution for now:

• go to application preference files folder located in` ~/Library/Preferences`

• delete SourceTree preference file called `com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist`

• restart your SourceTree app.

It will work.

Thank you! This solution worked for me.

Unfortunately i don't have this file on my machine...

This worked for me too

Installed 1.7 again and this file appeared. Followed your steps and it's now working. Thanks mate!

Do not use the upgrade Just download a new install from the site. That worked for me

I'm having the exact same issue.

Upgraded to 2.2.2 and went through the update and was asked to log into Atlassian. On that first run the app seemed to run okay. After however I can not get past the same screen as the OP. If I try to quit it crashes.

My exact issue mate. Worked perfectly the first time, now every time i try to start the application i get stuck here.

Same issue here! Really need a fix soon.

The account login rejects my username/password on os x, without say why.  Login details are fine in browsers

I had this problem and found I had to log in to my.atlassian.com in Safari (on mac - which is weird because I never use that browser) and then the login screen would load in Sourcetree and I could enter my details.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

231 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot