Update to 2.5.5 is shown in GUI but not available for DL

alecn2002 April 18, 2018

Hi, 

I'm using SourceTree 2.4.8 for Windows (Windows 7 x64) now.

For quite a long time I see a white flag in the yellow square on the right side of application's upper border, when I click on it "Update '2.5.5' is available" message appears.

But when I click on "Update" button, it shows the message "404 Not Found". As well as on the SourceTree custom download page (https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives) I see the latest version for Windows available for DL is 2.4.8.

So, is 2.5.5 available for Windows? How could I download that update?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

The download error should be cleared up now. The website is currently being updated for 2.5.5 and should be live shortly.

alecn2002 April 25, 2018

I was able to download 2.5.5 from the site, thanks!

Though, when I've pressed "Download" button in the Notifications popup of SourceTree 2.4.8 itself, I've still seen "404 Not Found".

Probably it has something to do with proxy, does SourceTree upgrade download functionality obey system proxy settings?

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Hello! Could you post a screenshot of the 404 message? I'm a bit confused as to where it's being displayed. Thanks!

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2018

The download should be available when updating Sourcetree, I'll ping the team about what's going on there. The website itself is updated when we reach 100% availability for a release as detailed here. Currently 2.5.5 is at 75% availability.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events