Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstaged Files not appearing

kesshin February 12, 2018

I think the tutorial needs to be updated. I'm brand new at this, and learning everything for the first time. I'm following tutorial: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/cloud-build/creating-your-first-source-control-repository?playlist=17866 and I'm on Step 4. 

I'm at the point where Unstaged Files should appear after: Step 4. In the following screen shot, the unity project “MyFirstProject” will be moved into the local repository folder “MyFirstUnityRepo” and Upon populating your local repo, SourceTree will automatically detect changes and will update.

Because of this, I'm unable to move onto: 

6. Commit and Push your Local Repo to the Remote Repo

so my question is how am I to get them to appear? I even went to the dropped down and changed it to Modifed, and then to all. If it makes a difference, I'm using Win10.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kesshin February 14, 2018

*Disclaimer*

I said I was brand new at this.

So it turns out they didn't appear because they had nothing to load. Meaning I had no code in my repo. Sorry if I wasted time or wrote a dumb question. In my defense, it said I was creating everything from scratch, and they did NOT mention having code in it before hand. As a matter of fact, it said to "skip setup" if I was creating a repo for the first time. 

**"When asked to create your first repository, ‘No thanks’. We will be creating a repository with SourceTree."**

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

No worries -- we all have to start somewhere 🙂

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2018

Hello! Could you double check and see if your Unity project folder is inside the repository folder? Also, make sure the file filter drop-down is set to "Pending"

kesshin February 14, 2018

Yes, both of those have been checked. Thank you for the response.

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2018

Nevermind, solved!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events