Underscores sometimes don't appear in File Contents on the Search tab in SourceTree

Art Bergquist July 20, 2017

Hi,

I'm not sure how long this has been occurring but just noticed that a line of text within the File Contents on the Search tab in SourceTree didn't include/display an underscore character:

blah blah blah

that's in the actual file:

blah_blah blah

The funny thing is that in the same, exact File Contents, other lines correctly include/display the underscore character.

Anyone else ever experience this some anomalous behavior?

TIA,

Art Bergquist

2 answers

1 vote
Art Bergquist July 25, 2017

Hi Ana,

Yes, what I described is consistent, viz.:

I'm not sure how long this has been occurring but just noticed that a line of text within the File Contents on the Search tab in SourceTree didn't include/display an underscore character:

blah blah blah

that's in the actual file:

blah_blah blah

The funny thing is that in the same, exact File Contents, other lines correctly include/display the underscore character.

Attached, please find various screen shots:

• here's what the code in question looks like in the IDE (note that the underscore displays):

UnderscoreNotMissingInSameCodeInIDE.PNG

• I don't see the underscore, though, when I view the same, exact code section in SourceTree:

MissingUnderscoreInSourceTree.PNG

• elsewhere in the same file in SourceTree, I see an underscore:

UnderscoreNotMissingInSameCodeInIDE.PNG

very strange ...

• here's the SourceTree version info. (via the 'About' dialog):

SourceTreeVersion.PNG

SourceTree Version 2.1.2.5

OS: Windows 7 Professional - Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

TIA,

Art

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2017

Hi,

Is it possible that the 2 underscores are in fact different UTF characters?

If you copy a 'good' underscore over a 'bad' underscore does it then appear?

Art Bergquist August 10, 2017

Thanks, Michael.

I'm thinking that's unlikely since I'm developing with Eclipse.

I'll have to try that.

Thanks again,

Art

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Hi Art! I've tried reproducing this issue but the underscores are being displayed correctly for me. Is this a consistent behaviour for you, or does SourceTree sometimes display the text with underscores and some other times without them?

Could you also send a screenshot of the actual text and a screenshot of what SourceTree is showing?

Lastly, please remember to provide your SourceTree version and which OS are you using.

Best regards,

Ana

Dustin Gläser September 11, 2018

Hello,

the same thing just happened to me. In this diff, all underscores are displayed as very thin lines - except for one that is invisible. (upper right spot, in the middle of "CONCLUSIVE SERVICE")

SourceTree_underscore.PNG

I'm using Windows 8, SourceTree 2.6.10.0

Dustin Gläser September 11, 2018

Another hint: My SourceTree window is scaled almost to the size of the desktop (because of another known issue: on full size it hides the taskbar). When I maximize the window, the missing underscore appears. But now another underscore is gone.

SourceTree_underscore_maximised_marked.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events