Unable to view repositories on windows version 2.1.2.5

Jonny Kent July 24, 2017

On Windows 10 downloadded sourcetree v2.1.2.5 and installed but after logon it doesn't show my repos.  On the remote tab it shows a heading REMOTE REPOSITORIES, a search box, and + Add account link, and an Edit Accounts link.

I can see my account details there under edit accounts but my repos don't show.

If I logon to bitbucket via the web I can see all my repos.

The source tree help shows a completely different interface of source tree that is nothing like what I see.   I tried to find an older version of source tree to download but the download page only shows the latest.  

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling source tree and here's the thing it clearly did not uninstall completely as when I reinstalled it did not ask for my account details but had them all there reasdy witout asking me. Not a very impressive uninstall, but I digress. Also during the orginal install it said it couldn't find git or mercurial and maybe I recall wrong but I think it said it would install them. I don't see them anywhere after the install.  

Not at all sure the next step...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonny Kent July 25, 2017

Although I was already signed on with "basic" apparently I needed to be signed on with "OAuth" (whatever that is) then it just worked 

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Glad to hear that works. OAuth is a secure, token-based authenticaion method. It lets you login to your account without the need to store a password that could be compromised, and allows you to revoke access to applications (via the website you logged into).

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2017

Hello! Can you try the following:

1. Go to Options -> Git and reenable git. It sounds like it somehow got disabled, or couldn't find it.

2. Does your account have a red "X" on it? If so, you'll need to refresh your user+password (right click -> edit ->refresh oauth token, or refresh password). As an alternative, you can always just remove and add your account again.

3. As a last resort, you can always hit the "clone in sourcetree" button on bitbucket. This will open SourceTree for you. You can also copy+paste the clone URL from bitbucket into the "Clone" tab.

Jonny Kent July 25, 2017

"1. Go to Options -> Git and reenable git. It sounds like it somehow got disabled, or couldn't find it."

The bottom of that page says Git Version

Embedded Git version 2.12.2 + git-lfs v2.0.2

How would you re-enable that?

"2. Does your account have a red "X" on it? If so, you'll need to refresh your user+password (right click -> edit ->refresh oauth token, or refresh password). As an alternative, you can always just remove and add your account again."

No red X by my account. But it turns out that I needed to logon with OAuth (whatever that is, can't find any documentation describing that) rather than  Basic. Once I changed my default browser to a less secure one I was able to refresh the OAuth (whatever that is) and then my repos show.

"3. As a last resort, you can always hit the "clone in sourcetree" button on bitbucket. This will open SourceTree for you. You can also copy+paste the clone URL from bitbucket into the "Clone" tab." 

I tried this step before changing default browsers as described above, but I don't see any  "clone in sourcetree" in the bitbucklet web interface. Thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events