Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update or reinstall sourcetree

Arun Ganesan June 21, 2017

I am using MacOSSierra 10.2.5. i uninstalled all older versions of source tree and trying to install source tree 2.5.2. When i install/open, i am getting error as "The source tree application you are running is less than the current version required. Please work to move to SourceTree version 2.5.1+. My OS still has reference to old version it seems, please let me know how to install the latest version?

1 answer

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2017

SourceTree vesion 2.5.3 is available foe download from this link - direct download

Before you download this, make sure to remove your existing copy of sourcetree from all locations. 

Navigate to ~/Library/Appliaction Support/, then locate and delete SourceTree folder 

Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences. Then locate and remove com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist 

You can try installing the new build after the above steps. 

Hope that helps.

Arun Ganesan June 23, 2017

Thanks Manjunath, I deleted the SourceTreeNotMAS.plist  and all existing copies. But it still gives me same error while installing/opening 2.5.3. Do you know somewhere else i should check and delete the old source tree reference ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events