Unable to update or reinstall sourcetree

I am using MacOSSierra 10.2.5. i uninstalled all older versions of source tree and trying to install source tree 2.5.2. When i install/open, i am getting error as "The source tree application you are running is less than the current version required. Please work to move to SourceTree version 2.5.1+. My OS still has reference to old version it seems, please let me know how to install the latest version?

1 answer

SourceTree vesion 2.5.3 is available foe download from this link - direct download

Before you download this, make sure to remove your existing copy of sourcetree from all locations. 

Navigate to ~/Library/Appliaction Support/, then locate and delete SourceTree folder 

Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences. Then locate and remove com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist 

You can try installing the new build after the above steps. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks Manjunath, I deleted the SourceTreeNotMAS.plist  and all existing copies. But it still gives me same error while installing/opening 2.5.3. Do you know somewhere else i should check and delete the old source tree reference ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

270 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot