Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start Sourcetree

Manideep Gutumuthy October 5, 2017

Hi,

I am unable to start sorucetree. I have downloaded the new sourcetree then trying to execute the file then it is showing to options one is use an existing account and second Go to My Atlassian Account. I am trying to hit go to an existing account then it is opening the blank page after that I am unable to move fowrward please help me in this. Here I am attaching the image too please have a look.Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

Hi Manideep, this question has been asked repeatedly in the Community,  if you do a search you'll find what workarounds and solutions worked for other users.

This issue was reported at SRCTREEWIN-7244 and we're tracking it there. The development team is currently working on it together with the id.atlassian.com team. There are a few workarounds listed in that page too, please follow them and let us know if they worked for you. I'd also recommend you to watch that page for updates and new workarounds that might arise

Hope that helps!

Ana

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2017

This workaround has been posted recently:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Let us know if it works for you!

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events