Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch Source tree after installation in windows7

imjayanth August 29, 2017

Hi,

Source tree crashed immediately after launching it.

Below is the error from the log C:\Users\jb\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log

I have already have git in my PC (having portable version & also installed).

After launching, i have tried point to git with portable version and also the insatlled location. But both failed with the same error below.

Any idea sbout what  is causing the below error ?

ERROR [2017-08-29 14:31:24,426] [1] [SourceTree.Analytics.Crash.BugSplat.CrashAnalyticsService] [DispatcherUnhandledExceptionHandler] - DispatcherUnhandledExceptionHandler for [SourceTree, 2.1.2.5] called with [System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs]
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at SourceTree.Security.DefaultSshKeyManager.LaunchSshAgent(Boolean promptForKeyIfBlank, String keyfile)
at SourceTree.MainWindow.OnContentRendered(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.PostContentRenderedb__4(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2017

Hello! Could you try running Sourcetree as an Admin? It looks like it's crashing when trying to start the SSH agent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events