Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install the Source Tree app

Alvin Yin May 1, 2013

I can not install the Source Tree in my Windows 7 PC. but my other colleagues can.

I am wondering if you have any other requirements.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Do you have a Git client installed on your system?

If yes you can choose the second option and point to your GIT installation (like C:\Program Files\Git\bin)

If not, you will need to choose the first option and SourceTree will download it for you

Alvin Yin May 2, 2013

Maybe that is the problem, I will check with my colleague to resolve it. thanks

Alvin Yin May 3, 2013

I think I have installed Git client on my system by having downloaded/installed Visual Studio 2012 Update 2, and downloaded/installed the Visual Studio Tools for Git.

After that, I am able to clone a repository. But I still got the dialog asking me to choose (1) Download an embedded version of GIT (2) Browse to the location of GIT on your system. (3) CHeck again (4) Exit

I am wondering what wrong it is. thanks

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Visual Studio's version of Git is stored in its own location, it's not a full copy of Git that SourceTree can use.

Either install a *standard* version of git from http://git-scm.com (which SourceTree can use), or allow SourceTree to download its own embedded version of Git (which is actually a full it install, it's just zipped up and will be isolated from the rest of your system much like the Visual Studio version is).

0 votes
Alvin Yin May 6, 2013

It works, thanks for all your helps.

0 votes
Alvin Yin May 2, 2013

After I run the setup.exe, before the user info registration, the dialog appears and asks me to choose (1) Download an embedded version of GIT (2) Browse to the location of GIT on your system. (3) CHeck again (4) Exit, Do you know what option I should choose?

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2013

Hey Alvin,

You need to provide more info. Are you seeing an error or something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events