Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install SourceTree 2.0.20.1 via deployment

Kathleen Splaine May 26, 2017

When I try to install SourceTree 2.0.20.1 via KACE I get a an error "Failed to extract file".  I am able to install manually without any issues however I need to push this out multiple users so manual installation isn't an option.  It appears to be a 7-Zip error.ST.gif

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2017

Hi Kathleen! This could be related to a couple of bugs that were already reported at SRCTREEWIN-6890 and SRCTREEWIN-6886. As a workaround you can use the 1.9.10.0 install until this gets fixed, it can be downloaded from https://downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/SourceTreeSetup_1.9.10.0.exe

Let us know if this solved the issue for you!

Regards,

Ana

Kathleen Splaine May 30, 2017

Hi Anna,

Thank for your response.  Most of our users are on 1.9.10.0 but we received an email to upgrade to 2.0.20.1 based off a security advisory for versions prior to 2.0.20.1.  Are we okay to stay at 1.9.10.0?

Thanks,

Kathy

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2017

Hi Kathleen,

Regarding the security advisory, the fix has only been applied to versions 2.0 onwards so from a security standpoint our recommendation is that every user upgrades. However, in your message you mentioned that manual installation is not an option for you, in that case you'll need to consider how you want to proceed.

Apart from that, keep in mind that the only officially supported method is the individual installation.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events