Unable to find git

earlofberkeley November 14, 2017

be1fb8d15cI get this everytime I launch sourcetree.

Now when I click the top, it downloads and this appears again.

If I click the second, it just reopens this dialog. Doesn't open the Open File Dialog.

If I click the third it just reopens again.

and the 4th closes it and I can't use it.

2 answers

0 votes
earlofberkeley November 26, 2017

Bump

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi

Sourcetree stores a path to the git.exe it is using, when it starts it will run git.exe --version to check it is where it thinks it is etc.

If that git.exe -version fails it will pop this dialog.

It sounds like the git -version call is failing for some reason. Is there anything in %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\Sourcetree.log?

Has Sourcetree successfully downloaded git? It should be in %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\git_local. If it is and you open a console and run %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\git_local\cmd\git.exe -version what does that give you back?

earlofberkeley November 16, 2017
ERROR [2017-11-15 22:45:39,124] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-11-15 22:49:50,560] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Security.PageantSshKeyAgent.Launch(Boolean promptForKeyIfBlank, String keyfile)
at SourceTree.Security.DefaultSshKeyManager.LaunchSshAgent(Boolean promptForKeyIfBlank, String keyfile)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnboardIfRequired()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
ERROR [2017-11-15 22:50:01,706] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Unfortunately that error is not to do with finding Git, however that should be fixed in v2.3.5.0. What version are you running?

were you able to check the following?

Has Sourcetree successfully downloaded git? It should be in %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\git_local. If it is and you open a console and run %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\git_local\cmd\git.exe -version what does that give you back?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events