As of a few days ago, I can't fetch a remote's branches anymore or rather, they do not display. Steps to reproduce:
Some similarly weird thing is going on if I then remove that remote, the branches are not removed from history view. Steps to reproduce:
If I go into my ".git/refs/remotes/<remote-name>" folder, I see all its branches still in there, like the History view shows. Clearly, they are not getting deleted. I can remove them manually from the Finder, which then properly reflects in the History view, but it should be working from the UI. And it used to.
At the time I was still on SourceTree v2.2.4 and thought that might have been a bug. Didn't remember when I updated it last. So I installed the update to 2.3 with the same issue still. I downgraded a couple versions to v2.2.1 to which I'm certain that it worked with before and I'm still seeing the same issue. Apparently, it's not directly version related. - The only thing I can remember recently doing is installing some npm-modules to that repo. I don't think that this would have any effect but who knows.
Has anyone run into this issue before or has a suggestion on how to resolve this?
I think I just resolved it. The steps I took:
Still not sure what initially caused this but it seems to be resolved... for now. Will keep an eye on it.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs