Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create Atlassian account to install Sourcetree

EzraSidran July 10, 2018

I'm trying to install Sourcetree on a Windows 7 32 bit machine. 

I have tried to register via Bitbucket (no luck). I have tried to register via Atlassian account: Create New Account.

This is the error that I receive:

Sourctree.jpg

This is with Google Chrome. It also happens with Firefox. I've been trying to install Sourcetree all day to collaborate with my partner in the UK using Bitbucket. 

What is going on? How do I solve this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2018

Hi! Looks like you already have an Atlassian account (you're using it to submit this Community post) so I assume your issue is with using that Atlassian account to register Sourcetree, is this correct?

Sourcetree relies on Internet Explorer for the authentication process, so please make sure your IE is up-to-date. 

Keep in mind that the 2 authentication options provided during the installation are Atlassian account (which uses the same credentials as your Bitbucket Cloud account) and Bitbucket Server account (if you don't use Bitbucket Server, you won't be able to register using this method).

If you'd like to create a different Atlassian account, make sure you're using one of the supported versions.

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Best regards,

Ana

EzraSidran July 12, 2018

Nowhere did I see a statement that, "Sourcetree relies on Internet Explorer for the authentication process," I'm astounded. Google Chrome and Firefox don't work and you should have put this in large bold type at the top.

I ended up installing GitKraken. Works fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events