Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to own gitolite server

IchHabRecht April 24, 2013

Since the latest Windows update (0.9.1.1) I'm unable to connect to an own gitolite server (url for origin e.g. gitolite@git.example.local:my_repository.git) Sourcetree wants a password for the user gitolite. Connecting through terminal works perfectly.

Is there anything I can trigger to check the connection?

If you need more information and/or screenshots don't hesitate to ask.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
IchHabRecht April 25, 2013

Thank you for your help. After update to 0.9.1.2 I reimported the keys and now it works again! So I don't know which was the solution either the update or the reimport. But nevertheless the result counts :-)

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Glad you got it working! :)

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Oh, one of the things that did change in 0.9.1.1 is that if you're using PuTTY it now supports manual user/password login as well as SSH keys (previously if key authentication failed, everything failed, you couldn't provide a manual user/password). But since SSH usually prefers keys you shouldn't get the user/password prompt unless the key auth has already failed.

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Hmm, I have a gitolite setup on one of my servers here and I can still connect to it just fine (testing with 0.9.1.2 now but nothing much has changed in this area).

0.9.1.1 added a few extra options in the SSH area, which SSH implementation are you using, still PuTTY/Plink (it's now an option in Tools > Options)?

Also do you have your correct key loaded (in Pageant assuming you're using PuTTY)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events