Unable to connect to own gitolite server

Since the latest Windows update (0.9.1.1) I'm unable to connect to an own gitolite server (url for origin e.g. gitolite@git.example.local:my_repository.git) Sourcetree wants a password for the user gitolite. Connecting through terminal works perfectly.

Is there anything I can trigger to check the connection?

If you need more information and/or screenshots don't hesitate to ask.

3 answers

1 accepted

Thank you for your help. After update to 0.9.1.2 I reimported the keys and now it works again! So I don't know which was the solution either the update or the reimport. But nevertheless the result counts :-)

Glad you got it working! :)

Hmm, I have a gitolite setup on one of my servers here and I can still connect to it just fine (testing with 0.9.1.2 now but nothing much has changed in this area).

0.9.1.1 added a few extra options in the SSH area, which SSH implementation are you using, still PuTTY/Plink (it's now an option in Tools > Options)?

Also do you have your correct key loaded (in Pageant assuming you're using PuTTY)?

Oh, one of the things that did change in 0.9.1.1 is that if you're using PuTTY it now supports manual user/password login as well as SSH keys (previously if key authentication failed, everything failed, you couldn't provide a manual user/password). But since SSH usually prefers keys you shouldn't get the user/password prompt unless the key auth has already failed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

649 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you