Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uhhhh! Annoying. Install Sourcetree 2.3.1, use existing account show a blank page

kyvh October 15, 2017

As I said, I was annoying, I waste many hours to fix it. I install sourcetree 2.3.1 on Windows 10. When I come License Agreement, I choose "Use existing account", but it just show a blank page. I tried many way to fix it along articles I found on Google, but no works. Ahhhhh! Why Setting up source tree is so hard, and why Atlassian still using Internet Explorer to connect to your account. Uhhhh, It too hard to understand. My god!

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Hi! This issue has already been reported in our bug tracker at SRCTREEWIN-7244. There are a few workarounds listed in the comments, there's one specially that seems to be working for most of the users so I'll copy it here for you:

From a working install collect the accounts.json and passwd files.

Delete the Atlassian folder from the AppData/Local directory for your user. Run the installer for 2.3.1, close it when you get the blank login window. Place the account.json and passwd files into the Atlassian/SourceTree folder. Rerun the installer. It should detect the account and password from those files and bypass the request for a login.

Note that in order to be in compliance with the Atlassian EULA you must ensure the email address used in the file is valid, yours and associated with a valid Atlassian account.

In the meantime, our developers continue to work with the id.atlassian.com team to implement a proper fix.

Let us know if it worked for you!  

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events