Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Future View

Dennis Jensen July 21, 2016

I am working with git and I have repository that has future changes associated with it but all I want to see is the current status of the repository without those future changes.

So is there a way to toggle that future view feature off so that SourceTree deals only with what is rather than what is and what will be?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2016

Unckeck the "Show remote branches" at the top of the graph:

image2016-7-22 12:7:23.png

0 votes
Dennis Jensen July 22, 2016

Okay I do this step by step:

1) I clone a local repository of a git repository located elsewhere onto my machine

2) On the following day I look at the repository using SourceTree and I see where I am at with the repository but I also see where the parent repository is at with an indication that my repository is X number commits behind this main repository.

This last feature – the one that goes out to view this "main" repository to show changes made to it since I pulled a copy of it to my local machine – is what I want to be able to toggle OFF (and ON because at times it is useful) so that I can just view what I have in my local repository via SourceTree.  Does that clarify what I am asking? 

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2016

Future changes? What are you talking about?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events