Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a bitbucket cloud account

Matt Pupa April 29, 2019

Hello,

My team is trying to integrate source tree with bitbucket. For some reasons, I can't clone the repository from bitbucket server to my local machine. The person who has been spearheading this effort for our team thinks I need a cloud account. I've tried looking on ways to get a cloud account, and event delete my account, so I can start over. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck yet with this.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2019

Hi

You do need to register Sourcetree, either with a Bitbucket (Cloud) or Bitbucket Server account, but that should not directly effect your ability to clone.

Once registered you can add additional accounts.

Once registered, or with any additional accounts, those accounts can be used to list repositories on the remote host and you can clone from that list.

Alternatively you can just clone directly using the repositories URL or use the Clone in Sourcetree option from within Bitbucket.

Ultimately you can also clone from the command line Git and then add that existing local repository to Sourcetree.

From what you describe it sounds like you have registered and are able to open Sourcetree, the problem then comes when you try to clone? How are you trying to clone and what errors do you get?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events