TortoiseGitMerge doesn't open for non-administrator account

Deleted user August 16, 2016

I installed latest versions of SourceTree (1.9.6.1) and TortoiseGit (2.2.0.0). Now when trying to resolve merge conflict using external tool, small window flashes quickly and TortoiseGitMerge window doesn't open. If I run SourceTree as administrator - everything works as expected (SourceTree settings and .gitconfig are identical in both cases). Is it possible to have it working for non-administrator account?

Update: I reinstalled old versions of TortoiseGit and SourceTree, and nothing changed, I still can launch TortoiseMerge as external merge tool only when I run SourceTree as administrator.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 30, 2016

@Seth I reinstalled my previous version of TortoiseGit - 1.8.15.0-64bit, didn't help. Then I reinstalled my old version of SourceTree - 1.6.18, didn't help either. So looks like issue isn't related to versions. Then I tried to run SourceTree as administrator - still works just like before. 

The question still holds - how to be able to merge without running SourceTree as administrator.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

At the surface, it sounds like a problem with TortoiseGitMerge rather than SourceTree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events