This is not a valid source path / url issue SourceTree Bitbucket

William Brett-Atkin February 15, 2017

Hi there, 

I know this has been asked before but I have been trying to sort this for hours now. I think i've read every forum post on it too and nothing has worked so far. 

I have recently installed source tree and followed the wizard to setup the account on bitbucket. I created an ssh key and also added it to my account on bit bucket. 

I then created a repo on Bitbucket and can see it in the repos on source tree however when I go to clone it I get the error: This is not a valid source path / url. However, it has to be because it's the url showing on Bitbucket too. 

The URL is in the following format ssh://git@bitbucket.org/"myusername"/"myreponame".git (obviously I changed "my username" and repo name to the actual ones.)

I've checked my ssh key in Bitbucket and it is correct. 

I've tried changing it to embedded and system git. Neither make a difference. 

Any ideas? 

2 answers

0 votes
James L McCormick September 27, 2023

I had to go to Tools\Options\Git tab. Initially, it said Git support was not enabled, do you want to enable it. Click Yes. Now, it will display all Git options. Make sure either you use embedded version or system version if you already have Git installed in your file system and Path variable points to binary.

0 votes
bill biscuits February 15, 2017

I'm also having this issue. I'm not sure if I missed a step so I uninstalled sourcetree and reinstalled but still not working. Help?!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events