This is not a valid source path / URL. Details popup blank. v2.4.7.0 on Win10

David Pickthorn January 4, 2018

I am running the latest version of SourceTree 2.4.7.0 on Windows 10. I'm having issue cloning a remote repository on a private server. 

After entering in my credentials ie. ssh://username@108.160.90.21:/home/username/website/www the error message "this is not a valid source path / URL" appears with the "Details" button when clicked only shows me a blank popup. Image attached.

sourcetree-bugs.jpg

I'm able to shh into the remote hosted private server easily with my credentials along with a number of my colleagues. 

I've already re-installed multiple times along with deleting my local AppData and Authentication Crenditals before every fresh install. 

Is this a known issue with the latest SourceTree update or is there another avenue I might be able to use to fix this issue? Thank you for any assistance anyone can offer. 

3 answers

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

Hello! Just to keep this up-to-date for others: we've recently released 2.4.8 which should fix this issue (SRCTREE-8264)

You can find the release notes here

0 votes
David Pickthorn January 5, 2018

I've got several colleagues who are still able to connect using the same credentials ( on version 2.3.5 ) so I'm sure it's not the server/IP. Is there anyway to download and run older versions of SourceTree?

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Yeah, you can find them here.

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2018

Hello! Can you try removing the colon in your URL after the IP so that it looks like this:

ssh://username@108.160.90.21/home/username/website/www 

If that doesn't work, you can clone via the command-line with the following command:

git clone ssh://username@108.160.90.21:/home/username/website/www 

Please note: git doesn't support having an ssh address with an IP address without a port.

David Pickthorn January 4, 2018

Hey Mike, 

Thanks for taking a look, unfortunately, though that did not fix the issue I'm having connecting. I'm still receiving the same blank "details" along with the other error msg when attempting to connect. 

I have been using git clone in the cmd terminal to update but I  would still really love to get SoruceTree working again. 

Do you have any other suggestions?

Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2018

Sorry, not currently. We'll have to do more testing using IP addresses to figure out the root cause but I suspect that's the cause.

After cloning the repo you should be able to drag the folder from Windows into Sourcetree while on the "Local repositories" screen though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events