Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary files

Leo Zillo June 5, 2017

Is it possible to disable $TMPDIR usage completely in Sourcetree?

If not, is it possible to disable the preview pane completely?

When you choose a commit sourcetreeapp retrieves the complete files from it, stores them in temp dir, and it's rather slow (the app stalls), even if you disabled diff for the filetype in settings (as suggested in another post).

I don't want to have my repo files randomly spread in the temporary directory either.

Also, can't seem to select External diff utility, and the default (greyed out) doesn't seem to work. Is there a catch to that?

I am also assuming that when doing a diff with FileMerge (the default), sourcetreeapp also create temporary files for that operation?

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Leo,

That's not currently possible. Please file a ticket on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE with details on your request and workflow for us to review and prioritize. 

Cheers,

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

0 votes
Leo Zillo June 6, 2017

OK, but two things:

(1) TEMPDIR is used by other apps, say Photos, that might be doing a cloud download for instance, may not want to delete everything in there.

(2) Still doesn't solve the speed issue, but I guess the only option for this is not get the files for a commit, like disabling preview completely, or having a default tab in its place for it, like file info only.

0 votes
Leo Zillo June 6, 2017

Done. Hope you can make it, would be great, love Sourcetree! :D)

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

A workaround would be to create a custom action to delete $TEMPDIR and then use it in ST after you're done working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events