Takes 30 minutes before I can see my uncommitted files Edited

Hey!

I set up a repo yesterday with LFS and committed some files, however today when trying to commit my local changes it doesnt show that I have any files.

PrtScr capture_43.jpg

4 answers

some further info is that I've tried all visibility settings and also tried to remove the entire repo and adding it back

okay, it seems like it just takes around 30 minutes to find the pending files, so when leaving the commit window open for 30 minutes it pops up and I can commit and push it. But why is it this slow, how do I troubleshoot this? it seems like it's only a problem on my computer, the other people using the repo seems to not be affected by the issue

This shows up when I try the git status command PrtScr capture_45.jpg

after installing git on my computer and using "system GIT" instead it started working for a while. Then it got back in the whole suuuper long waiting time before I could see my uncommitted files. When that happens I flush the cache of my system GIT and it seems to work again.

But there's something that keeps bogging up my uncommitted files display. I think this is as far as I can troubleshoot it myself, already sat down two full evenings and I'm already far behind on my work. Any ideas? Would really appreciate some help asap, thank you!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

256 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot