Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag and Bookmark Issues with Source Tree v2.0.18.1

sushant verma April 11, 2017

With Version Upgrade to v2.0.18.1, the bookmarks which was previously at the left most column is gone, and is available only on New Tab.

1) How to see the same in the current Tab like previous version?

2) No option in 'View' to open the bookmarks.

Also there is an issue with the Bookmarks in the New Tab when a Tag is checkout:

1) When you checkout a Tag, then in the previous version it shows the Tag details but in the v2.0.18.1 in the New Tab it shows '(no branch)'.

2) There is no way to get the current Tag version in the active Tab other than Terminal.

Please check and include these features, as it was very beneficial. Hope to see more new features and enhancements.

Regards

Sushant

8 answers

2 votes
itaiRoded1 May 1, 2017

Wo needs 250px on right? Give me my bookmarks! :)

2 votes
Steve Steve April 28, 2017

+1 Big loss of functionality for me...I have dozens of repos and have no way to track activity without visiting each one...very time-consuming.

Also, way too much whitespace now.  I will definitely not upgrade Sourcetree at home until the bookmarks return. I might look at GitKraken again.

2 votes
Adam McArdle April 26, 2017

+1 for the "I'd rather have my bookmarks than the pixels". At the very least, make it hideable for those on smaller monitors. As it stands now, the Description column contains vast, vast amounts of whitespace, which is wasted screen space as far as I'm concerned. 

I'll also be back on V1 until it's added back in.

2 votes
Kobus Smit April 12, 2017

I also miss the Bookmarks sidebar.

It gave me a quick overview of the status of my repos, so I can quickly see repos with changes/files to be commited/pulls required etc.

I'd love to have an option to show it again, until then I'm back on v1.

I've got a high res monitor so "the removal of the bookmarks sidebar gives you 250px horizontally" is not as important as loosing important functionality.

Regards
Kobus

1 vote
matiassobral May 11, 2017

I had serveral repos of the same project and i could easily recognize them with the bookmarks bar. Also the amount of px you gain by removing it could be easily won by pressing CTRL+B.

Please bring the bookmark back!

1 vote
HughOgilvy April 30, 2017

+1 as well from me - like the others are saying, I have heaps of repos, and need to see a quick overview of which ones have updates etc.  This new version without the bookmarks sidebar/tree is REALLY frustrating me.  PLEASE bring it back - new versions are meant to make our work easier, not harder.  Other than that, the app does look nicer though I must admit ;)

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2017

Hi all :) There's a Feature request to bring back the bookmarks at SRCTREEWIN-7221. You can vote for it to increase its popularity, watch it to receive updates or add your comments.

For the future, if you're missing some functionality or have an idea, you can submit it via jira.atlassian.com, by clicking on the 'Create' button.

Cheers,

Ana

0 votes
Mark Lilley May 11, 2017

Whilst the bookmarks are gone in version 2.0.20.1, I was able to get the status of all of my local repos at a glance by clicking the + button on the tabs bar. This replaces all that I was missing from the bookmarks and is good enough for my purposes.

HughOgilvy May 11, 2017

I've been using this as a temporary method for now too, although it sadly doesn't have any tree'd folder structure that I'd taken so long to set up.  All folders are just shown flat on one level, and not in the order I had ordered them either.  When you have a great many repositories, a treed structure with subfolders becomes quite important.

But yes - this is kind of a slightly better than nothing temporary method, agreed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events