Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Mercurial in non-standard location (Mac)

kapplebaumia December 4, 2014

I installed Mercurial via HomeBrew, which puts it into /usr/local/Cellar/mercurial . This means I can't use the system Mercurial in SourceTree, because it complains about the location. Any work arounds for this?

3 answers

1 vote
Torre Lasley April 18, 2017

I have Mercurial installed using Homebrew, this path worked for me:

/usr/local/Cellar/mercurial/3.8.4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial

Note: you may have to tweak the mercurial version number. Also, when I attempted to link to the hg file in /usr/local/Cellar/mercurial/3.8.4/bin/ or the link in /usr/local/bin/hg it did not work.

Daniel October 30, 2017

SourceTree has the same problem with git and gpg, somehow it doesn't like symlinks which is very annoying on an *nix system.

0 votes

"Mercurial was not found on on your system in the standard locations; the SourceTree internal version will be used."

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

I'm not familiar with HomeBrew. Can you put a symlink to mercurial in the location SourceTree expects?

Apparently SourceTree is on to that kind of trick. sad

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

At this point it might be helpful to share what error messages you're getting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events