Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception.Class not registered

TransEnterix Build Server May 26, 2016

Anytime I try and open a code file in SourceTree (running on Windows 8.1) I get an Error Encountered Dialog with the message:

'Open file <filename>' failed with code -1:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Class not registered

Needless to say it doesn't open the file.  Is there a solution to this.  FWIW, I am running this on an x64 version of Windows 8.1 and the SourceTree version I have is 1.8.3.0

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Ah, it sounded like you were in File Explorer, trying to "Open with SourceTree".

SourceTree should try to launch whatever program Windows has registered as the "default" for that file type. Is it possible you don't have a default program for Python files? Or if you do, maybe the default program runs it, instead of editing it.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

SourceTree can't open code files. What are you expecting to happen?

TransEnterix Build Server May 26, 2016

I expect it to open the file.  Why else would there be a right-click option to do so? (see screenshot below):

image2016-5-26 8:42:5.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events