Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for launchpad?

Joshua Miller August 25, 2012

Is there support for launchpad or in the future any support for it? I've recently installed sourcetree for the git projects I'm going to move to this computer, but I have at least one project on launchpad. Thanks in advance for any help

-Joshua Miller

1 answer

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Just to be clear, you can already use any git/hg host you like just by creating remotes pointing at the appropriate launchpad URLs (or using the ones that come with the repo if you import it). What you wouldn't have is support for displaying possible remote hosted repos in the Hosted Projects view. This is a convenience but doesn't stop you using any other remote system.

In future we may add support for a pluggable Hosted Projects API so that it's easier to incorporate other hosts into Hosted Projects.

Joshua Miller August 28, 2012

Yeah but launchpad is bzr and I don't think sourcetree supports that yet. Plus at least for this one project I need bzr others I'll use github(I'm more used to get now), but do need bzr just this once and thought it might be a good time to suggest it.

Why? I don't see why it can't be added....

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Ah, of course, sorry. Support for Bzr is extremely unlikely in the future I'm afraid.

Still it would be nice to have it just for those who do have to use it, too bad there's not a way to prove it'd be really useful, just thought it would be nice to have it just for the few....

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

It's technically possible of course. But it's a lot of effort for a system that very few people use compared to Git and even Mercurial, therefore the effort isn't really justified.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events