Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly "SSH Authentication Failed"

Vítězslav Ferko (Qwerty) May 14, 2015

Hello,

everything worked fine, but suddenly this message always appears when trying to checkout another branch.

At first I realised I was working on wrong branch, I stashed my work and checked out the correct branch, but then I couldn't find the stash. I am quite new to Source Tree so I searched on the web where it should be, but it wasn't. Then I checked out my old branch, hoping the work would still be there, it wasn't neither, I checked out back an forth swiftly few times.. smile, then this message started to appear. I restarted SourceTree, hoping it would help with the message, but it didn't... anyway, this resolved my issue with missing stash. Now I can see it, but I can't do anything else.

So, there are two problems:

1. Stash missing, showing after SourceTree was restarted
  2. Swift changing of branches led me to "SSH Authentication Failed"

2 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2015

It also might be that when you restarted SourceTree, your SSH agent was not launched. Make sure it is running.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2015

Did you mean "SSH Client" or "SSH Agent"?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2015

Agent, I corrected my answer.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2015

Check with your repository host. Your swift checkouts may have triggered some firewall rule that tries to prevent DDOS attacks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events