Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Sourcetree version 0.9.1.1

Bob The Git-terer May 2, 2013

Hi, hopeing you guys can help. My Sourcetree doesnt want to upgrade from 0.9.1.1. When I go to "Check for updates" the popup window insists 0.9.1.1 is the latest with a big green tick box even though under the "Latest Available" there is version 0.9.2

Any way I can install the latest (very keen on the gitflow improvements)? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/cleaning up clickonce folders all to no avail.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

So I have downloaded and installed the new link from the latest offline installer from https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/149591/is-there-an-offline-installer-for-windows-version-of-sourcetree and now I am good to go. didnt quite solve the original issue, but at least I can check out the git flow stuff now. Thanks!

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Glad you have it working. Very rarely it's possible for the ClickOnce database to get screwed up somehow and you have to manually clear everything out, this might have been what happened in your case.

I'm investigating alternative install / upgrade tools for the future because ClickOnce is causing too many random issues, so hopefully this will be a thing of the past soon.

0 votes

Thanks for the reply Steve. Yeah have tried that. No luck for me unfortunately.

Weird thing is that the exact same problem is happening with another colleage on mine. But another colleage it is fine (there are 3 of us, 2 having this exact issue, 1 not).

Any other suggestion?

0 votes
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

This usually happens if you've had to use the 'Repair' option at some point because of an update problem. If you uninstall SourceTree from Control Panel > Software and re-install it from sourcetreeapp.com, it should sort this out. You won't lose your bookmarks or open tabs etc by doing this, but options will be reset to the default again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events