Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop marking files as hidden?

Steve Jordi April 27, 2015

Hi,

I just used SourceTree Mac to commit files I have in a project. Since I also work on those files from Windows, I had the surprise to notice that the commited files are marked as hidden.

It's still possible to see them on the Mac finder, but when switching to Windows, they "disappear" and my compilers can't open them.

After checking the options, I didn't find any way to stop SourceTree mark them hidden. 

Is there a way to avoid that behaviour?
Thanks for any help

Steve 

4 answers

0 votes
Steve Jordi April 29, 2015

Absolutely not.
All files are fine as long as they don't pass through SourceTree. Once committed, only thoses ones are marked as hidden. All the other ones, excluded from .gitignore, are left as-is. The Windows side has nothing to do with this since they don't interact with those files and never set those flags in any manner.
The only files that are suddenly marked as hidden are the ones going through a SourceTree commit.
A manual commit via the git executable doesn't alter them either. 

That's why I need to disable that feature in order to be able to use SourceTree as expected. 

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

This should be a comment in response to the answer it is responding to, not an answer itself.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2015

It is not SourceTree that marks your files hidden. One of the tools mentioned in your comment above will be the one doing it.

0 votes
Steve Jordi April 28, 2015

Hi,

yes I use VMWare Fusion and develop mainly from the Windows side, but all files and repositories are on the Mac side accessed via a shared folder: Y:\projects\...

Commited files have the Windows  Hidden flag set though. I see them on the Mac side which ignores those flags, not in the Windows side unless I tell it to show hidden items. But my compiler doesn't see them natively.

Any way not to mark them as hidden?

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2015

Are you using something like Parallels or is this repo stored on a network drive being accessed by two totally different machines?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events