Souretree delete my all project contents in local!

임종식 July 3, 2017

Today,

I make a repo through sourcetree. 

And I paste my project file in the repo derectory.

And then I try to push to git but stage can't check changing my project.

So I checked my project file, Suddenly my project folder was empty. 

I was embarrassed and clicked on other git projects through sourtree.

Then the contents of all selected projects have also disappeared.

I can't recover windows. I'm so embarrassed. 

I will submit my project file by tomorrow to company but now my all projects 

have gone.

What should I do?

캡처.PNG

look at this. my all projects are empty.

캡처2.PNG

I just double click in this window. and my projects is gone.

I am very angry with this situation.

Please reply quickly.

8 answers

1 vote
Deleted user July 17, 2017

I hit the same problem. My local repository been deleted unexpectedly since last week. I have to clone project code every 2 or 3 days because all of my local working repositories somehow been deleted without any notification and confirmation! From last Monday till now, source tree deleted my local repository 4 times, I can barely work in these two weeks. Please help ...... 

The version of source tree is 2.1.2.5.

0 votes
Yvann Marivint January 5, 2021

In 3.4.1

I figured why 3 of my local projects where been deleted unexpectedly

I always use the search bar and select project without opening it (just one left click, not double) just a habit of clicking. When I go back to all projects and right click on a project that I want to delete, it also seems to delete the project I selected before ! 

I can't reproduce this bug all the time, but, he is here 

Hope this help you

0 votes
moeli October 21, 2020

Sourcetree 3.3.7

Two local repos I have not used for 2 month are just gone from local disk. Was there any investigation about this?

0 votes
Anirban Mitra August 21, 2019

I faced this problem today with sourcetree 1.9 but as other people have said here, recent version also has this issue. Entire local repository permanently deleted all on a sudden and days of work just gone! And now sourcetree also fails to start. How come this horrible bug still exists more than 2 years after being reported??

0 votes
Mirosław Kmieć July 15, 2019

I think that problem still exist. After closing Windows folder with repository is empty, and new clone is required. I have this situation 2 weeks ago and today. Sourcetree is probably source of this problem!!!

0 votes
Narsiph Spearheart June 13, 2019

SourceTree asked me if i wanted to delete the repo, as i was testing stuff and is said "Yes". Fun, i should've read ALL the freaking text, stating that it deletes EVERYTHING in this EFFING folder... Sure enough, i lost a shitton of work and courses.

Yes, this may be a kind of user error, but i was going through this very logically. I made a folder for my repos and it even asks for a p roject folder. It did not delete the project folder but the effing repo folder itself! UNRESCUABLE!

Not like "Oh hey, yeah, i put everything in the trash bin for you" NO it EFFING DELETES IT GOODBYE!

You know, done. I switch back to manual saving my stuff, because in over 15 Years i never lost anything because of my backup-habits. But using, as it was recommened by someone, a effing tool for helping me... it shot me, and spit on me.

I am out of hits.

0 votes
strange17 July 4, 2017

Same situation happend with my local repository.

One of my local repository folders becamse empty about 2 weeks ago.

I am using v2.1.2.4.

This happends only for one project, not for others.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2017

Hi

SourceTree can only delete folders if it is asked to and will ask for confirmation, it will not do it by itself.

The screenshot of SourceTree suggests, it thinks the projects are still there shown by the branch and status information.

If you right click on the projects and select 'Open in Explorer' it should take you to where SourceTree thinks the projects are.

임종식 July 3, 2017

Sorry It's not my situation.

I told that I just click my repos in that windows and I tryed what you said but it's same result. project folder was empty too.

I didn't receive any confirmation from sourcetree.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2017

Can you take a screenshot of the Local repo listing in the New Tab of SourceTree when you opne it now?

Thanks

Deleted user July 17, 2017

It seems that I'm not the only case, there might happened this problem in specific conditions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events