It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sourcetree won't start

How do I run SourceCode. I continue to get a Windows error that I am suppose to choose the program to open it with. Adobe didn't work and now it is stuck on always opening with Adobe. See attached screen shot. How do I link it and use it with Gitlab and BitBucket. Who can I ask questions about Gitlab?

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Cheryl,

I'm not quite clear about your question.

1) is Sourcetree, a file version management app, not launching?

2) or are you having difficulties opening a file from inside Sourcetree (which goes through Windows' file opening logic)

3) we need a bit more details about "link with GitLab and Bitbucket" - what are you trying to do?

• link an existing repository
  • clone a new repository
  • add an account to work with the Remotes list

Could you please attach the screenshot as well that you referenced?

Thanks,

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

0 votes
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Feb 06, 2018

Hi Cheryl, Sourcetree is an executable so opening it with Adobe won't work. You'll need to check your Windows configuration and tell it how to open .exe files, this article might help you Exe files open with Adobe

To link it to your Bitbucket and Gitlab accounts, you can follow the instructions at Connect your Bitbucket account and Using Sourcetree with GitLab.

For any questions about Gitlab you should try contacting their Support team.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you