Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree won't start

Cheryl February 5, 2018

How do I run SourceCode. I continue to get a Windows error that I am suppose to choose the program to open it with. Adobe didn't work and now it is stuck on always opening with Adobe. See attached screen shot. How do I link it and use it with Gitlab and BitBucket. Who can I ask questions about Gitlab?

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Cheryl, Sourcetree is an executable so opening it with Adobe won't work. You'll need to check your Windows configuration and tell it how to open .exe files, this article might help you Exe files open with Adobe

To link it to your Bitbucket and Gitlab accounts, you can follow the instructions at Connect your Bitbucket account and Using Sourcetree with GitLab.

For any questions about Gitlab you should try contacting their Support team.

Hope that helps!

Ana

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Cheryl,

I'm not quite clear about your question.

1) is Sourcetree, a file version management app, not launching?

2) or are you having difficulties opening a file from inside Sourcetree (which goes through Windows' file opening logic)

3) we need a bit more details about "link with GitLab and Bitbucket" - what are you trying to do?

• link an existing repository
  • clone a new repository
  • add an account to work with the Remotes list

Could you please attach the screenshot as well that you referenced?

Thanks,

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events