Sourcetree won't start anymore Edited

Suddenly Sourcetree doesn't work anymore. I can't open it and when I try to re-install it just show me a small blue logo with "sourcetree" and then nothing else.

I'm on windows 10

I tried to delete all the folder in Appdata\local but without success.

I get this in the .log

ERROR [2017-10-16 12:13:40,351] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-10-16 12:13:40,454] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Gregory, you can find the solution in this other Community thread, it's the answer proposed by Mike Corsaro:

Please navigate to the config file location (C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_{RANDOM_GUID}\2.3.1.0\user.config) and find the following line:

<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

Make sure that value is set to True

Let us know if it worked for you!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

258 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot