Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree weird branch in graph

Delphine Foo-Matkin June 2, 2016

Why does my Sourcetree show a strange branch that ends nowhere at each 'Merge tag' commit that occurs right before the corresponding 'Merge branch' commit? My teammates don't seem to have these weird branches. I'm using version 1.8.3.

weird branch.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

That is strange. Based on the portion of the commit messages you included, it looks like the merge commit is being rendered before (below) the commit it was merged from (the 2.4.0 tag).

Do you have your graph set to use Date Order or Ancestor Order?

I had it set to Date Order. When I switch to Ancestor Order, the branches show up correctly. Thanks!

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

So it sounds like somehow the merge commit has an older timestamp than the tag commit that was merged in. Maybe somebody's machine has their time misconfigured slightly?

That's possible. The merge occurs as part of a build plan that's run in Bamboo; I will check into it. Thanks again!

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2016

I think because your 'Graph' column is too narrow to display the rest of the data.  Try widening it.Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 11.17.57 AM.png

Thanks for the suggestion – that doesn't correct it.

weird branch2.PNG

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2016

ok, that's weird.

If it's a merge commit, there must be another branch that was merged into it, right?  So the weird thing is why is it not showing that branch?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events