Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree unbelievably slow on Windows 10

Alan Rick December 9, 2016

It takes about 10 minutes to switch from one tab to another.
It takes about 15 minutes after pressing commit before the progress bar appears.
During that time the menu cannot be accessed through windows, but cpu, memory and drive usage on my pc is absolutely minimal. No other Windows program is affected during this time.
I have 3 projects, each project has about 10 - 20 files, of the order of 1K each.
Windows 10 64bit is up-to-date. Sourcetree, too (version 1.9.6.2). Deinstalling it and reinstalling it has had no effect.
The problem started when I ok'd an update. The only unusual aspect of the setup is that my sourcefiles are in a local dropbox folder.
Anyone else seen this behavior?

4 answers

0 votes
Damith Rajapakse July 9, 2017

I'm facing the same problem. Git bash is painfully slow, even for a tiny repo with less than 10 commits. Using Windows 10 Bootcamp, and latest SourceTree 2.1.2.5

0 votes
Hans Wijaya June 2, 2017

Hi Alan,

Do your issue have been fixed yet? my friend also getting the same issue now.

Hans

Alan Rickayzen June 2, 2017

Hi Hans,

Hi Hans,

I'm afraid not.

My workaround is to press the button, make myself a nescaffe, drink the coffee, and by then the screen has refreshed .

luckily I only need to do this about once a week,

Alan

0 votes
Alan Rick December 10, 2016

Thanks Sam,

Unfortunately that fix didn't help. The spell-check was off already and I've now on the latest version 1.9.9.20. 

The effect is visible when I switch between tags. But also on the frame on the left showing a tree of "File Status, Branches, Tags, Remotes" takes a very long time to display. So I suspect it might be related to GIT.

Is there a way of testing the embedded GIT through the command line to see if that's what's causing the problem?  Can anyone suggest a simple command to try?

Alan

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

Hi Alan,

Does this happen when you are switching repository tabs?

I spotted a bug report here which might be similar to your issue : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-6670

Hope it helps.

Sam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events