Sourcetree to Bitbucket Server behind SSL not working

Barnaby Keene May 10, 2017

I've set up Bitbucket server and I'm trying to get Sourcetree connected since some team members are not familiar with the command-line and I'd rather get them up and running instead of spend a day teaching git commands.

Annoyingly, during the installation process when selecting "Bitbucket Server" and entering the correct credentials, this error appears:

Failed to check login for user [<redacted>]
Unable to connect to the host service
An error occurred while sending the request.
The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Is there any way to know exactly what the issue is?

I'm using Caddy as a proxy which afaik uses HTTP/2. I'm not sure what version of SSL/TLS it uses but I'd assume it's whatever's the latest (Caddy is pretty modern).

I should add that git commands work perfectly fine, I've done a pull/commit/push cycle without any problems.

--

Skipping this step and just cloning straight from the repo worked fine. What's the difference between that and doing this Bitbucket Server setup? Am I missing out on any useful features?

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2017

Hi Barnaby! Have you enabled TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in SourceTree?

Enable TLS.PNG

Barnaby Keene June 5, 2017

> Skipping this step and just cloning straight from the repo worked fine. What's the difference between that and doing this Bitbucket Server setup? Am I missing out on any useful features?

The issue I posted referred to the installation setup menu, which appears to omit this option and thus causes the problem. It works fine once you go into the program and adjust the settings. Not a big deal, just a minor bug in the installation that could confuse people.

efhurtadop February 15, 2019

Thanks you Its Worked for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events