Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree stuck on loading when pushing/pulling

Andreas Kalstad June 20, 2017

I have an issue in Sourcetree on Windows that has been bothering me for a while now. The problem occurs when I have had Sourcetree open for a while and then try to pull/push/fetch. The "loading"-dialog opens, but never finishes the operation. It just loads forever. This problem continues until I restart Sourcetree and then everything is fine again for a while. I have to do this up to 3-4 times a day and it is kind of annoying. Especially after the newest patch which seemed to really reduce the applications performance.

The reason I post this now after experiencing this for several months is because it was brought to my attention that others also were experiencing this. 

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks for any replies.

6 answers

1 vote
iamdev42 August 30, 2017

Same here. I think this is happening in all 2 versions. I just recently downgraded back to 2.0.20.1 and am still experiencing this. @[deleted]any updates on

My whole team is experiencing same, around 10 people, but of course noone reported yet.

Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null

0 votes
pcow_sony September 28, 2021

I have this problem frequently.

I have a fairly good workaround.

First, modify (or create) the file at `%USERPROFILE%\.ssh\config` to contain

```
Host github.com

LogLevel VERBOSE
```

This will ensure that git's ssh will log when it authenticates.

Next, whenever you pull/push/fetch/whatever, click "show full output". 

If a message like `Authenticated to github.com ([192.30.255.112]:22).` appears, then you know the push/pull/etc. will succeed.

If that message does not appear within 5 seconds, then you know it is going to hang forever.  Close SourceTree and start it up again and try again.

0 votes
Tomas Jakelis September 12, 2018

Been trying to find what causes problems my end for ages and couldn't find anywhere on the web. Initially I thought the problem could be around VPN, but no suggestions worked. 

So my solution was to disable SSL3 under Tools -> Options -> Network and voila!

I believe the remote repository doesn't support SSL3 and caused an infinite loading.

0 votes
Andreas Kalstad September 12, 2017

I have to say that I am really not satisfied with the support I have received in this forum. As a developer, I understand that some problems can be hard to fix and I do not expect them to be fixed immediately. However, I do actually expect some progress in identifying the problem.

The Windows version shows no signs of improvement (the Mac version works fine for the same repos though) and no one are helping us here. I see no other solution for my team than to stop using Sourcetree for the time being.

Ben_Cameron October 2, 2017

I completely agree with this.  I work on a team of 5 developers, and we've all been experiencing this issue for months.  We are all trying other git clients for now and will likely be switching soon.

0 votes
Andreas Kalstad August 3, 2017

Hi @Ana Retamal,

Any progress or suggestions on this topic?

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

Hi Andreas, can you provide the following information:

• Which version of SourceTree and OS are you using?
  • Does it always happen with a certain repository, or with all of them? Which is the size of the repo?
  • Can you also check the logs so we can see if there's any error in there? You can find them at SourceTree logfile location.

Best regards,

Ana

Andreas Kalstad June 21, 2017

I am using Windows and currently using version 2.1.2.5.

It happens in all repos.

I have several error messages in the log file. The latest ones look like this:

[System.IO.FileSystemWatcher] [OnError] - RepoWatcher: Error 'For mange endringer på en gang i katalogen' 

(In english: Too many changes happened at ones in catalog)

[SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null

bronumski June 22, 2017

I am also having the same issue. It only happens when SourceTree has been open for a while. I was hoping that the latest update would address the issue before I commented.

I am running windows 10.

SourceTree version - 2.1.2.5.

Here is my log file dump. I have included some of the errors from before the upgrade. The 7th and the 20th are since the upgrade.

ERROR [2017-05-17 13:12:31,124] [95] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-05-17 13:12:31,128] [95] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-05-25 16:12:57,030] [41] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-05-25 16:12:57,175] [41] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-06-01 09:49:36,536] [31] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-06-01 09:49:36,643] [31] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-06-05 18:52:02,832] [21] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-06-05 18:52:02,862] [21] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [InvokeAsync] - Unable to invoke async action [System.Action] dispatcher is null
ERROR [2017-06-07 13:35:12,550] [113] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null
ERROR [2017-06-20 16:28:44,176] [97] [SourceTree.Scheduler.SourceTreeDispatcher] [get_Dispatcher] - Unable to get Dispatcher Application.Current is null

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events