Sourcetree on Windows 7 [sometimes] not starting

Mesman September 23, 2016

Since the latest patch (1.9.6.1) I have had problems with SourceTree not launching. Immediately after the upgrade it started just fine. After a reboot it didn't launch at all (process SourceTree.exe got launched but didn't load more than ~35 000 kB) even after 10 minutes of waiting.

I have found 2 other threads about this problem but none of the solutions seemed to work permanently.

What I tried so far:

• Clearing the %TEMP% folder, did not launch
  • Uninstalling SourceTree, reboot, reinstall newest version (didn't launch)
  • Uninstalling SourceTree, deleting the Atlassian folder in %APPDATA% and reinstalling the newest version (didn't launch)
  • Uninstalling SourceTree, deleting the Atlassian folder in %APPDATA% and reinstalling an old version (1.6)
    • did not launch
    • I could launch the updater though, so I selected the version before 1.9.6.1, but that also did not launch
  • Updating / repairing my .NET 4.6 installation, did not launch
  • Uninstaling SourceTree, deleting the Atlassian folder in %APPDATA% and reinstalling the newest version in a different place than the default install location, now it did launch

So after all that it finally worked for a few days. However today seems to be the day the problem reoccurs apparently, SourceTree will not launch again. The process SourceTree.exe gets stuck at ~34 300 kB. I tried clearing the %TEMP% folder, rebooting and clearing the Atlassian folder, all did not work.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, and would very much like for SourceTree to start working normally again, hoping someone can help me out.

1 answer

0 votes
Mesman September 30, 2016

For anybody running into the same issues as me: I installed SmartGit and no reconfiguration of repositories needed, branches etc are all at the point that I left it at with SourceTree.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events