Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree locking up for 30 seconds on activation

Michael Anthon April 3, 2018

I'm having terrible performance issues with Sourcetree (Windows 2.4.8.0) at the moment.  Every time I switch back to the application from other windows it seems to lock up for 30+ seconds with the title changing to the windows "Not Responding" message for that period.

There doesn't seem to be any excessive CPU/disk/network activity during this time so I'm at a loss to know what's going on.  It almost feels like a network timeout issue of some sort but I have nothing to back that up.

This has only been happening for the last few days and *may* have started after the latest windows update was installed.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any tips for debugging further?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi 

Sourcetree runs git status, and some other commands, when it comes back into focus to bring the UI up to date with the underlying filesystem. It is very likely that this is causing the slow down.

You can see more about what is happening by using the Tools/Process Viewer... window, this will list the git processes being run with timings and it might help shed some light.

Michael Anthon April 5, 2018

Ah, don't know why I hadn't noticed that tool, thanks for that.

I think I managed to fix the issue (for now) by deleting the sourcetree folder from AppData, so essentially starting from a clean setup.

Will keep an eye on the performance and if it goes bad again that tool will certainly help track down the issues I hope.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events