Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree keeps connecting to a git repository that is no longer used

Frank Baumann October 9, 2018

In the past I switched my repository, had two for a while, then removed all traces of the old/unused one.

I've scanned just about every file (Sourcetree settings/app data/.git folder/git settings, windows credential manager etc) and cannot find any trace of the old repository, however sourcetree keeps asking for the password for it (via Windows credential manager, and then when I cancel by a sourcetree pop-up). It is rather annoying as these pop-ups just keep on coming.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hi

I suspect the credential prompts are coming from the Git Credential Manager, being called by Git which is being called by Sourcetree.

Sourcetree will make calls, via Git, to the remote hosts of bookmarked repositories periodically.

Check the contents of the bookmarks.xml and opentabs.xml files in %localappdata%/Atlassian/Sourcetree, they contain the only repositories Sourcetree is aware off.

Frank Baumann October 25, 2018

Many thanks!

I did notice that a few unused repositories were still listed in bookmarks.xml. Even though those repositories did not have a link to the old git repo, removing them from bookmarks.xml seems to have solved the problem. Still it doesn't make much sense, but at least the problem has gone away.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events