Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree keeps asking password after installing version 2.7 in Mac 10.13.2

shalinasanga January 14, 2018

when try to clone repo from latest source tree (2.7)  in mac high sierra(10.13.2) keep asking password even i entered right one , its not cloning.

repo path as is this 
https://username@host.com/path/to/repo

Things work perfectly before the update !!! after several attempts of entering password it says "not a valid repository"
Any solution ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
shalinasanga January 15, 2018

completely removing source tree and installing it again seems to be  working. until that i used VS for mac source control

0 votes
Scott Yelich April 12, 2018

I didn't read all the comments -- if this has already been said, I apologize for the duplication.

MY assumption of what's going on here is that somehow the sourcetree internal git is fubared in some way.  Let's say internal is 2.15.1 -- but my system one is 2.15.1.  Somehow, they are not behaving the same with regards to at least authentication.

Again, this is an assumption here, and I will test with the next set of sourcetree updates, but I think when an update or a certain level of update for sourcetree comes out -- the setting for which git to use gets cleared or (re)set to internal git.  THIS CAUSES ME ALL KINDS OF GRIEF.

In the comments here, there are posts that say that the command line git works.  This is and always has been the case for me.  I "resolve" the sourcetree shenanigans by going to the preferences for git and selecting to use the system git (even if it's the same version).

This has resolved the issue of sourcetree repeatedly asking me for my password and having the input of a valid password not working.   I did not erase passwords in keychain, unlock keychain, save to keychain, use command line once, uninstall or re-install sourcetree -- I just changed the git to command line git (and restarted sourcetree just because).

YMMV.  Good luck.

Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events